Industry: Healthcare Technology
Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
Workplace Model: On Site
Prime Search: ✓
Experience Level: 5 years
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Welcome to Aetion! Since its debut in 2013, Aetion has grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
They achieve this with their Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness, and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. Aetion has partnered with top biopharma companies and is backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand their research and product line.
To continue their mission to transform healthcare, they are assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Aetion is seeking an Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO to support the planning and execution of the CEO’s top priorities. The Executive Assistant will contribute to Aetion by ensuring that the CEO’s time is organized efficiently and productively. This position requires strategic thinking, frequent prioritization, and proactive identification of support needs in an ever-changing environment. The Executive Assistant is highly organized, detail-oriented, personable, and able to think about the big picture.
The Executive Assistant’s responsibilities will encompass three primary areas:
- Serve as primary goalkeeper to the CEO
- Organize and leverage CEO’s time effectively, drive and execute strategic calendaring; manage the schedule for CEO; arrange and be accountable for all calendar activities
- Plan and arrange complex travel in a strategic fashion; ensure logistics and details are confirmed, accurate, and appropriately communicated
- Conduct and compile research for projects, trips, and activities
- Serve as gatekeeper; triage internal requests for the CEO's time
- Draft and deliver operating procedures and processes
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the CEO’s Office
- Create and formalize new procedures and processes that aid in successful office operations
- Maintain accurate contacts, vendor records, and documents/files
- Process all incoming/outgoing information; route pertinent information to the right team members, ensure follow-up
- Execute results on behalf of the executive office
- Draft consistent and relevant briefs to principals prior to meetings and events; researching companies, participants, locations, and other aspects as necessary in advance (in conjunction with Chief of Staff)
- Establish a communications cadence as needed based on CEO’s current goals and priorities; prepare “weekly prep” for the CEO and send reminders on high priority items on a daily basis
- Track priorities and align time requests to keep the CEO focused on high-leverage activities
- Implement tasks and projects on behalf of the Chief of Staff and/or CEO, when needed
The Executive Assistant should possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- At least 5 years of professional experience preferably supporting senior (VP or C-level) executives
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior executives
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of operational systems, structures, and ways of working with a collective team and executive office
- Superb judgment and integrity; unparalleled confidentiality and sophistication in all aspects of work
- Adept problem solver with innate resourcefulness and solution orientation
- Proactive self-starter; versatile and action-oriented
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn, with the ability to quickly get up-to-speed on various topics and connect the dots
- Comfortable with ongoing change and working with ambiguity; good business judgment and asks the right questions
- Excellent oral, written communication skills
- Lead at all levels–Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities—We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices–with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks–We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO.
- Awards–Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2021 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 The Digital Health Startups Transforming The Future Of Healthcare
- 2020 Databricks Data Team for Good Award
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.